Metal Roofing is the Superior Choice
It’s no surprise that metal roofs are the second most popular roofing type in the United States; they’re the most beneficial!
Metal roofs are resistant against hurricanes, wildfires, hail and are more energy efficient than other roof products. They also come in many different styles and colors.
If you’re interested in a metal roof but live in a neighborhood that has an HOA (homeowner’s association), you may have a more difficult time getting approval.
Most HOA’s do not allow metal roofs because of design standards based on when the neighborhood was originally built. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to convince your HOA that metal roofing is the way to go.
Get to Know the President or Become a Member of Your HOA
If you don’t know your HOA president, introduce yourself at your next meeting or if you see them around the neighborhood. Attend your HOA meetings, if you don’t already and get to know your neighbors as well as those on the board of your HOA.
If it’s an option, you might even consider becoming a member of the board of your HOA.
When you request your approval for a metal roof replacement, keep your phone call or email short, polite, and factual. Be sure they know you’ve done the research and know that metal roofing offers more benefits to not only you, but your whole neighborhood. All residents should have the option of utilizing a metal roof.
Stick to The Facts
The goal is to get your HOA excited about the idea of a metal roof for your home (and maybe even a few of your neighbors!). If they don’t, it’s your job to provide the information and educate them on metal roofing facts that they are likely not aware of. Here are a few points that you may want to share:
- Metal roofs are Long Lasting. Metal roofs offer decades of service life whereas shingle roofs only last 15-20 years.
- Metal roofing is more resistant to harsh weather like wind, hail and are more resistant to impact than other roof materials.
- Low Maintenance. Unlike other roofing materials, metal roofs do not require expensive maintenance.
- Metal roofing is fire-resistant and help reduce the spread of wildfires as they’re not susceptible to drifting embers. *Metal roofing is no more likely to attract lightning than other materials.
- Energy-Efficient. Since metal roofs reflect solar heat, you can save up to 25% on your utility bills!
- Environmentally-Friendly. Metal roofs are made of recycled materials and can be recycled again once removed (although you won’t need to for decades!). This is a huge benefit as asphalt roofs are petroleum products that are sent to landfills by the tons.
Pictures Are Worth a Thousand Words!
Your HOA might think of a pole barn or commercial building when they hear “metal roof”. Show them pictures of the metal roof style you want that have been installed on other homes. Help them realize how visually appealing metal roofs can be! We have a gallery on our website of many different roof styles and colors that are available to you!
Get Your Neighbors to Back You!
You’ll find it easier to convince your HOA that a metal roof is a good option if you have the backing of some neighbors. Reach out to them and see if anyone else may be interested in reaping the benefits of a metal roof!
Contact us today!
Need the information to provide to your HOA? We can help!
Did your HOA give you the OK to proceed with a metal roof? Let us help make sure you have everything that you need!
Call us today! 352-742-7070
Or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Mid-Florida Metal Roofing
Mid-Florida Metal Roofing Supply has been in the business for 14 years. MFMRS manufactures a wide variety of metal roofing products including Multi-Rib (AG), PBR/R, 5V and Standing Seam in a Galvalume mill finish, as well as a wide variety of colors to meet all your preferences.
We also manufacture an extensive list of flashing profiles to meet any standard or custom application as needed. We specialize in custom profiles serving a wide variety of needs in the construction industry. Our profiles can also be ordered in custom lengths up to 21ft.
We are committed to producing quality products in a timely manner and pride ourselves with friendly personal customer service.